If you wish to submit a programme proposal, read the following to find out about the procedure, the requirements, the facilities at IHP and the deadlines.
WARNING : Selection for Thematic quarters happens twice a year. Deadlines to submit application are May 14th for June's selection and October 22st for December one.
The aim of Thematic Quarters
The aim of Thematic Quarters is to develop in-depth thinking on a cutting-edge research topic over a three-month period. All fields of mathematics and theoretical physics, whether purely theoretical or resolutely applied, are welcome at the Henri Poincaré Institute, which is also open to mathematical biology and theoretical computer science.
The IHP’s Scientific Committee will give special consideration to applications related to topics which have not recently been selected for scientific activities at the Institute. This includes in particular, but not exhaustively: statistics, scientific computing, high-energy physics, image processing, …
|How to apply|
We invite you to submit a 3- to 10-page proposal comprising:
• the proposal title
• the contact details of the main organisers
• a list of the organising committee members
• a list of the scientific committee members
• the desired periods, for a maximum duration of 13 weeks. Thank you to indicate 2 wishes (T1: January-April; T2: April-July or T3: September-December of year N).
• the international context, scientific impact and interdisciplinary character
• the structure of the programme: lectures, PhD lectures, thematic days, seminars, colloquia (N.B. No more than 3 colloquia)
• the pre-school proposal (at CIRM or elsewhere)
• the list of speakers and prospective participants
• the sources of funding
|Dates & deadlines|
The proposals must be submitted to the committee no later than April 30th for the June meeting, and no later than October 31st for the December meeting. Organisers must specify the desired dates and ideally send in their proposals well in advance.
Opening of the “Thematic Quarter” call for proposals
30th April 2015
Notification of results
If you have any questions, please refer to the FAQ or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your proposal online
Do you have a question ?
Contact us at : email@example.com
Last updated on 07/30/2013