Submit a programme proposal
If you wish to submit a thematic programme proposal, kindly follow the guidelines indicated below.
The selection for thematic programs takes place in late June.
The submission deadlines are May 15th, 2023.
The aim of thematic programs
The thematic programs provide in-depth coverage on a cutting-edge research topic over a period of three weeks or six weeks (for short programs) or twelve weeks (for long programs). The Institut Henri Poincaré welcomes all fields of mathematics, theoretical physics and computer science, from theory to practical applications, and is also open to other interfaces such as mathematical biology.
IHP’s Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) will give special consideration to applications related to topics which have not recently been selected for scientific activities at the Institute. This includes in particular, but not exhaustively: statistics, scientific computing, high-energy physics, image processing, …
The Institut Henri Poincaré is committed to address the gender balance issue and to contribute to improve diversity. Therefore, proposals must pay attention to involving a sensible gender ratio and to ensuring equal opportunity for speakers, participants, and in both the organizing committee and the scientific committee.
How to apply
We invite you to submit a 3- to 10-page proposal comprising:
- the title and acronym of the proposal,
- a list of the organising committee members,
- a list of the scientific committee members,
- the international context, scientific impact and interdisciplinary character,
- the structure of the programme: workshops (three week-long workshops for long programs, one for short programs), PhD courses (possibly integrated in existing doctoral programs), topical days, seminars, general public lectures, topical days, seminars, general public lectures,
- a proposal for a pre-school (to be hosted by the CIRM or the IES Cargèse),
- a list of prospective speakers and participants.
Dates & deadlines
The proposals must be submitted no later than May 15th. Organisers must specify the desired dates and ideally send in their proposals well in advance.
Opening of the “Thematic Programs”
February 15th, 2023
May 15th, 2023
Notification of results
July 15th, 2023
Do you have a question ?
The Centre Emile Borel provides logistic support to accepted projects and answers your questions about the various programs.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: Email