Propose a thematic trimester
You wish to propose a thematic trimester ? Find out how to proceed, the conditions, the facilities offered by IHP and the schedule to respect.
WARNING : The selection for thematic trimesters takes place in late June. The submission deadlines are May 15th.
The aim of thematic trimesters
The thematic trimesters provide in-depth coverage on a cutting-edge research topic over a period of six weeks (for short programs) or three months (for long programs). The Henri Poincaré institute welcomes all fields of mathematics, theoretical physics and computer science, from theory to practical applications, and is also open to other interfaces such as mathematical biology.
The IHP’s Scientific Committee will give special consideration to applications related to topics which have not recently been selected for scientific activities at the Institute. This includes in particular, but not exhaustively: statistics, scientific computing, high-energy physics, image processing, …
The Institut Henri Poincaré is committed to address the gender balance issue and to contribute to improve diversity. Therefore, proposals must pay attention to involving a sensible gender ratio and to ensuring equal opportunity for speakers, participants, and in both the organizing committee and the scientific committee.
How to apply
We invite you to submit a 3- to 10-page proposal comprising:
- the title and acronym of the proposal,
- the contact details of the main organisers,
- a list of the organising committee members,
- a list of the scientific committee members,
- the desired periods, for a maximum duration of 13 weeks (long program) or 6 weeks (short program) - please indicate at least two desired periods among T1 (Winter: January-April); T2 (Spring: April-July) or T3 (Fall: September-December),
- the international context, scientific impact and interdisciplinary character,
- the structure of the programme: workshops (three week-long workshops for long programmes, one for short programs), PhD courses (possibly integrated in existing doctoral programs), topical days, seminars, general public lectures, topical days, seminars, general public lectures,
- a proposal for a pre-school (to be hosted by the CIRM, the IES Cargèse, the Houches School of Physics or other partners in France),
- a list of prospective speakers and participants,
- other expected sources of funding.
Dates & deadlines
The proposals must be submitted no later than June 15th for being assessed by IHP's Scientific Committee in June, and no later than November 15th for being assessed in November. Organisers must specify the desired dates and ideally send in their proposals well in advance.
- Opening of the “Thematic Trimesters” call for proposals : April 15th, 2022
- Submission deadline : May 15th, 2022
- Notification of results : July 15th, 2022
If you have any questions, please contact us at : email@example.com
Submit your proposal online